Thursday, May 3, 2012

Kale Salad with Lentils and Feta

Sadly the time had come to remove the kale from my vegetable garden yesterday, the plants had run their course but I was able to get a decent harvest to enjoy for lunch.



Mix 1 teaspoon each balsamic vinegar, white wine vinegar, olive oil, toss on kale (I used about 2 cups) and refridgerate for at least 1/2 hour.
Shredded carrots
1/4 cup steamed lentils (I keep steamed lentils in my freezer so I can always scoop some as needed)
1/4 cup fat free feta cheese

Served with Mary's Gone Crackers, Caraway

The whole thing is just about 300 calories

 
 I made myself a little picnic and ate outside.  That is Tazo Zen green tea sweetened with a little stevia that I am drinking.
 
I really enjoyed sitting outside.  I spend soooooo much time at my computer.  Working, blogging, wasting vast amounts of time.  I'm usually sitting here eating my lunch!  It was nice to remove myself.  I would never have done it if I didn't go out to take pictures, so thank you blog, for forcing me to slow down and savor the moment (and my meal!)

No comments:

Post a Comment