Friday, January 17, 2014

Hungarian Alphabet - A

I'm so happy to finally get organized enough to joining Paint Party Friday!  It's been ages since my last PPF and I truly have missed the wonderful inspiration I get from visiting other participants and the lovely comments I get in return. 



Today I am sharing my nearly completed Hungarian Folk Art "A."  For months and months, ever since my ICAD name in Hungarian flowers (below) I've been working on a way to develop an alphabet using Hungarian folk flowers.  The index card is only 3X5 and was done in Sharpie pens so translating to something larger and making it more like "REAL" art has been a challenge.




After months of doodling flowers to get the right shapes to form the letters I was finally ready to give it a go.  First I penciled flowers on an 8X10 piece of watercolor paper.



Then I began to fill in the colors


Now I've got all my painting done but I can't decide if I'm going to add any outlines for definition as I normally do...


Eventually this will be framed and given to my niece, Ava. 
She is lucky enough to be first in alphabetical order.

I'm hoping to be able to create an entire alphabet, maybe even two - lower and upper case. 

In other news, our unbelievable weather continues.  It's been gorgeous and sunny every day.  No clouds, no fog.  No moisture at all.  It's hard to complain because most people fly 1000's of miles to get this kind of weather this time of year but for me the relentless sun is just a constant reminder that it's the driest year ever on record and we are heading toward a nasty drought.  I look around my garden and wonder who will survive. 

Looking on the bright side, the weather has been warm enough to attract this adorable mermaid.




 Finally, I've been having problems using the "Blog This!" feature in Picasa to post to Blogger.  Does anyone else use that and if so, any issues?


Paint Party Friday



13 comments:

  1. Rita your A is totally gorgeous, your niece will totally adore this beautifully made piece. Happy PPF, Annette x
    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Rita, your Hungarian letters are so beautiful. I love the way you have the balance of color and size just perfect in your A. Love the gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's just lovely! Such delicate little parts they have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the flower letters gorgeous Rita...and the A is perfect don't outline it!! That mermaid is sooo awesome too! Sometimes we have over capacity for photos in certain hosts.....try photobucket, and imgur....they give you a certain amount free once you are over you have to pay for the upgrade....I just move on! Hope that helps!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg I love the Drawings! So so so beautiful!!!!!!!!! Warm weather? omg i miss warm weather! Love the mermaid! Magical photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Rita -your Hungarian painted flower letters are breathtaking!! I sure wish I was swimming in warm waters with that mermaid...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this alphabet. Very pretty.
    I had to change browsers because of all the problems.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just lovely. Some switching to Google Chrome helps or switching out of Chrome to Foxfire. Don't know why but it has worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am SO impressed! This is absolutely lovely - and the fact that you spent all that time researching and developing the flower shapes that could be used really shows - I see this being a really amazing series! AND congratulations on your thanksgiving salad being published! That is so cool :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your painted flower letters. Great job on this. I use Foxfire sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your letters Rita, nice work!

    ReplyDelete