Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Illustration Friday - Intention

 
Giving paintings as gifts was a regular practice of mine a few years ago and it has been my intention to start doing that again.  This painting is for Stella's 5th birthday.


These are apple blossoms in my garden.  Despite the wonderful climate I live in I have had terrible luck with fruit trees...I'm hoping these pretty flowers turn into delicious apples.  I had them in mind when I painted the flowers above although I wanted a more bold pink in the painting. 

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty bird painting! I like the pink with the blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautifully painted! I like that you made the apple blossoms a brighter pink in your painting. Lovely work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! When I first saw it I thought that is a great painting and then I continued on to read the words and I got a little choked up. It's going to look great in her newly painted room. Love your paintings! They are a priceless gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn it...I was kind of hoping it would be a surprise...well, it will be to her and I least I know you actually read my blog!! :)

      Delete
  4. Pretty bird! I love the colors too :0)

    ReplyDelete