Saturday, May 11, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

In honor of Mother's Day...some of my favorite pictures of some of my favorite mothers.
 
My mother in Isla Vista, California shortly after moving to the US from Hungary
 
Where and when unknown...somewhere in Europe and she has a baby bottle in her hard so I'm guessing 1968. 
This was converted to a digital file from slides that were molding...
LATER: AUSTRIA
 
Santa Barbara, CA.  1970.  My older brother and I with our mom.
 
In the backyard of their new home (and the home I live in now!) 1971
 
California. Early '70's
 My grandmother, mother, me and great-grandmother (after whom my daughter is name.)
 Subotica, Serbia (then Yugoslavia. )1972
My mother, me and both my brothers.  London, 1976.
 
 
Santa Barbara CA.  November, 2008. 
My sister-in-law, niece, grandmother, mother, me and my blondie daughter.


Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there and
especially to the mothers in the picture above. 
 

8 comments:

  1. Very sweet, and thank you.
    The picture with the baby bottle was taken in Austria, around a cute little mountain town, Klosterle. We returned to that village several times, you were there too-:)))
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post! Thanks for sharing ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos of your family...love seeing all those years condensed into this lovely post. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it's so nice to see all those old pictures. Lovely post ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a lovely Mother's Day tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's beautiful! You are too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You won my giveaway Rita!! Congrat's please email me your info, and have a great weekend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete