Last week I was browsing my favorite blogs and imagine my surprise to find that Claire Wildish gave me my first blog award! Claire is a clever artist and mom living in the wilds of Australia. I love her blog and her fun art. It's still amazing to me that you can feel connections to people you "meet" through blogging. Thanks Claire!
As a recipient of this award I am supposed to share 7 little known facts about myself and pass this award on to 7 of my favorite bloggers.
Since I share a fair amount about myself on this blog I had to dig deep for some of these:
1. I spoke better Hungarian than English until I went to school. I got confused between words like "needle" and "pin" in English for a long time.
2. I attended 2nd grade at a school in London and in the summers before and after the school year my family traveled around Europe in a green Westfalia VW van with a pop-up top. By the end of the second summer I had been to 17 countries.
3. My dad was a linguist who spoke 7 languages and I wish he had taught them all to me.
4. Because both my parents are only children I have no aunts, uncles or cousins.
5. I don't like eggplant or calamari.
6. I once lived on a bull farm in Bulls, New Zealand.
And here are 7 lovely blogs that I follow and to whom I am passing on the One Lovely Blog Award, I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
1. Jenny Frith at Jenny's Sketchbook. I love Jenny's art and sketchbooks. She is always an inspiration and motivates me with every one of her posts.
2. Christie at Describe Happy. Besides having excellent taste in dogs, Christie is an artist who creates whimsical and cheerful art whether it be on paper or fabric.
3. Tracy Fletcher King. Anyone who paints a watercolor of Juicy Fruit gum is OK in my book. I am constantly in awe of her gorgeous watercolors of offbeat subjects
4. Erica at Aquarella I love sketchbook art and Erica's is fabulous!
5. Maggie at A Slice of Wife. Maggie is a real live friend of mine. She is one of my fitness inspirations. She introduced me to Bikram Yoga and was largely responsible for my starting to run. She recently moved to another state. I miss seeing her on my Saturday runs!
6. The Dharma Diva. I don't even know her name but the Diva is sensitive and thoughtful writer. I can almost always relate to her beautifully written posts.
7. The Frugal Foodie in WV. Amazing recipes tested and shared with clever commentary. Yum.